The Theaterpädagogische Zentrum der Emsländischen Landschaft e.V. (TPZ Lingen) was founded in 1980 as pilot project of the Lower Saxony Ministry for Science and Culture.
The TPZ Lingen is now a specialized academy for theatre, play, dance, circus and different media. Its task ranges from cultural education in the counties Emsland and Grafschaft Bentheim to Lower Saxony wide pilot projects and international activities.
The aim of the work of the TPZ Lingen is participation in society through cultural education. Here, the promotion of individual aesthetic-social skills such as experience, expression and creation are playing a central role. The earliest possible support of these abilities leads as process and product to a constructive reflection of social conditions through artistic means.
Around 90.000 visitors and spectators of all ages and backgrounds annually take part in the events of the TPZ Lingen
• Theatre, Dance, Circus, Play and different Media
• Courses, Workshops, Seminars
• Further and advanced education
• Adventure and Experiential Area
• Costume stock
• Stage- and Lightning Equipment
• Early childhood education
• Integrated target group work
• Regional cultural activities in rural areas
• International Festivals
• European Volunteer Service
• Specialized Library
• Issuing Publications
• Conferences and Symposiums
• National association’s work